Friday 24 January 2014

Welcome Welcome

Well hello there, thanks for stopping by! 

I suppose I'd better start with who I am and all that jazz:

 I am me and me really isn't all that interesting, except for this: I am a student nurse. This statement is what I feel will be defining me for the next 2 and abit years through my training (the stress, the tiredness, the 'ICANTDOIT'ness, the happiness, the friendliness, the memoryness(?) and most of all the believing in yourself...ness). I am already replying with 'I'm a student nurse', to anybody who takes the slightest bit of interest in who I am and what I do, of course their reaction is almost always the same 'oh right, that must be hard' and that is a statement, not a question! I have realised that people have a fairly warped idea of what a nurse is; you have the older generation who think your some sort of lady-with-a-lamp-and-silly-hat who is basically a doctors bitch(!!!!) and then there are a few who see nurses as all corrupt and lazy and uncaring. In all honesty I'm not sure which one I prefer, but I try my utmost to educate these people in a way that doesn't appear that I am a know it all student nurse with a spoon rammed up nether orifices! 

 I started my training in September 2013, so I am in my first year of student nurseness and still getting my head around the rather large undertaking that I've (literally) signed myself up for. I study at a University in London (I cannot say which one) which has proved to be the best choice that I could have made as it allows me to receive placement training in some of the best hospitals in the UK. I am studying Child Nursing , originally I looked into Adult Nursing but after gaining experience in both areas I eventually settled on the little'uns and now cant imagine it any other way. I am a 'mature' student of 23 and unlike the other branches of nursing which attract most mature students, I am one of the older ones within my group, which makes me feel a bit past it in some situations!

 The aim of this blog is to follow my journey through training, so I can give those who are interested in nursing a clear insight into what nursing really requires and those who are currently training a voice of 'you are not alone' when you doubt yourself, feel disheartened and struggle with what this course asks of you. I am not an academic, I struggle with maths and the writing of assignments, I have those spells of I CANT DO IT when I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't understand something the lecturer has said or revising for an exam and thinking 'is this actually written in English?!?'. I'm hoping to do this with a smile and maybe a terrible joke or two, so as to keep myself sane!

 Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to cover in this blog, email me on kimbers27290@gmail.com and I shall endeavour to do so asap !

Tata for now,

Kimbers xXx

panic-i-m-a-student-nurse.png (600×700)

No comments:

Post a Comment