Tuesday 4 March 2014

The first kit to the gut thus far!

Oh poop :(

Bugger, bugger, bugger, BUGGER!!

*picks self up, brushes self down*

 It was bound to happen, at one point.... I'd just hoped it wasn't going to be quite so soon after starting......

DEEP BREATH

I failed my first assignment..... by 5%.....

5%!!!!!!

BUT! Never mind, it could have been worse, I am not alone and its only 5% sodding percent!

If/when you go through this please, please, PLEASE don't flip out in a panic, beat yourself up and contemplate suicide by chocolate and quavers! 

I'll admit that maybe I done this a little bit, but then my super friend came to the rescue in the form of a text and a 'slap round the face with smelling salts' phone call. 

 This friend I have known since year dot, we have grown up together, conquered school, sixth form and teenage life. 

She qualified as a midwife over a year ago

 But most of all she said exactly what I needed to hear, in the way it needed to be said at the right time. So, I am going to quote her life saving text on here. It may not mean much to you now but whenever you suffer a fall back remember this as it is what I would say to you:

"Don't worry too much about the result everyone fails first time, including me!! And everyone has that crisis of faith about essays and uni in general, just remember why you are there in the first place... Because you are an amazing person who deserves to be there and if they didn't think you could do it, they wouldn't have let you on the course in the first place!! Try not to get too disheartened (I know it's easier said than done) this is only going to make you stronger and work harder to achieve. You can do this.... I know you can. I have every faith in you because I know what you are capable of. Try and get some sleep and it will feel better in the morning I promise" 


Me? Have a lump in my throat??

 Yeah, maybe!

But do you see? THAT'S what I needed to hear, encouragement and that it really wasn't the end of the world. Infact, that it really isn't even that bad.

 And since then I have reflected and realised that she was right, I am worker harder and I do feel stronger and I will bloody pass that essay (and the other 2 that I need to write!!)!

 Point of this post?....

Surround yourself with supportive, caring and wonderful people because they pick you up and show the the sunshine when all you see is rain. 

Until next time,

Kimbers xXx

strategic-friendships.jpg (500×375)


No comments:

Post a Comment